- Line maintenance, breeding, genotyping
- Gene knockdown with Morfolino oligonucleotides or similar
- Sample preparation, sectioning, in situ hybridization
- Gene overexpression by mRNA injection
- Gene editing with CRISPR cas9
The acceptance of new fish lines is strictly controlled.
The use of the facility is under supervision of the leader and the personnel
Only after a brief learning stage and authorization, users are free to work on their fish lines, always under supervision by the leader.
The costs are defined on a case-by-case basis, depending on the specific needs and requests. As an example, here are some estimated costs.
- Only Housing : 1 tank for 1 year, 170 euros. To generate a new transgenic line, or for gene editing, at least 8 tanks are needed, with an estimated cost of 1.350 euros /year
- Zygote injection: (including plates, capillaries, instrument, man-time). Served: 90 euros per session, minimum 10 sessions for an evident phenotype.
- Sample fixing and preparation for subsequent (fluorescent microscope analyses): Served: 60 euros per session, minimum 5 sessions for an evident phenotype
- Use of Morfolino Oligos + Rescue with mRNA injection: 3 morfolino oligos (2 experimental 1 control) 800-1000 euro, kit for mRNA preparation 500 euro, other reagents 1.400 euro. Served: 2.500 euro + raw costs
- Gene Editing with CRISPR Cas9: to be discussed case by case
- Fluorescence Microscopy Examination: to be discussed with the microcopy facility present in-house